Architectural Record Offers CEU Course on Texas Limestone

CEDAR PARK, TEXAS, Aug. 7, 2016 - A new CEU course for architects and designers provides a complete picture of the esthetic and practical qualities of Texas limestone. The course also provides all the technical information necessary to incorporate this beautiful exterior and interior product into commercial and residential designs. The program is sponsored by Texas Quarries limestone located in Austin, Texas. When completed, the CEU course will enable architects to:

  1. Identify the natural characteristics and beneficial design opportunities, including the variety of textures, colors, and size options, for different type of Texas limestone.
  2. Investigate the manufacturing process of Texas limestone and its suitability for both interior and exterior building applications.
  3. Assess the different methods of securing different types and thicknesses of limestone onto buildings using conventional means and metal frame systems.
  4. Specify and describe safe and durable installation, anchoring, and sealing practices for Texas limestone on residential, commercial, and institutional building facades.

Architects receive one CEU Credit for this course and can enroll at: https://continuingeducation.bnpmedia.com/course.php?L=516&C=1547

Of the 237 architects who first took the course nearly half (106) responded to a survey with questions about the quality and applicability of the course materials. Some 57.35% rated it “excellent” and 34.82% classified the course as “good” or a combined rating of 92.17%. The number of respondents who would recommend the course to a colleague was 100%!

Texas Quarries has provided distinctive Texas limestone since 1929 and operates two quarries and a modern fabricating facility near Austin. Texas Quarries limestone is available in many textures including unique Cordova Shell limestone and shades from gray to cream, and buff. The company’s customer list includes clients from New York to California and from Canada to Japan. Hand carved limestone from Texas Quarries’ skilled artisans can render any design and our unique limestone products are produced in styles and textures as varied as the architect’s imagination.

Texas Quarries is a member of the Acme Brick group of companies. In addition to Texas Quarries, other Acme Brick operations include American Tile & Stone; Featherlite Building Products and Innovative Building Products. Acme Brick Company and its affiliated companies have been wholly-owned subsidiaries of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. since 2000. For more information visit www.brick.com . For more information please contact Texas Quarries at (512) 258-1474 or visit www.texasquarries.com

New! Continuing education course: Designing with Texas Limestone, offered through BNP Media

Upcoming events

Texas Society of Architects Annual Conference and Design Expo
Nov 8-10
Fort Worth Convention Center
Booth 419
 

Contact

1800 W Whitestone Blvd
Cedar Park, TX 78613
(512) 258-1474